'I stood outside when all was grey, couldn't see a thing
One by one the drops of rain soaked me to my skin,
Took away my pain, gave me back my grin'

Sunday 15 May 2011

Places and Spaces

I fell asleep, upon a cloud
And when I dreamed, the dream was loud
Too loud to hear, too near to touch
I think I loved it very much
And when I woke, I died inside
The wrenching, waking, somehow lied
To bring me here, to meet this fate
I have to fall, I cannot wait
No time at all, it's way past late
There are no spaces on my plate
My day is full, my laces tied
No places left for me to hide

I walked alone, on paths of thought
Towards the place my death just bought
I was not forced, I was not brought
With all the will that I was taught
And all I learned has led my here
Beneath the mountain of my fear
I start to climb, leave life behind
The essence of my strength unwinds
The things that I have seen rewind
The places I have been, not mine
The climb is hard, I feel no pain
I feel just like a child again

I look into the hallowed sky
I hear a whispered word 'goodbye'
I hear it break the icy calm
For once I feel no real alarm
There is no harm, I fear no foul
I fear no thing, not fear, not now
I only fear that I might wake
To breathe once more, to feel the ache
That I recall, each single day
When I was flesh, when all was grey
I pray to God that I might stay
If God is here, he keeps away

I'm happy now, like not before
I know my path, I know my door
I see it there, within the air
Reach out my hand, with not a care
A dream like daze has taken me
The chains have gone, I feel so free
If anybody speaks of me
Then I am just a memory
Which frees me from expectancy
The burden of reality
What use have I for fantasy
For dreams are my reality
I close my eyes, reach out my hand
Then I am gone, no more a man
But something else, without a name
No longer really quite the same

No comments:

Post a Comment