'I stood outside when all was grey, couldn't see a thing
One by one the drops of rain soaked me to my skin,
Took away my pain, gave me back my grin'

Sunday 22 May 2011

Journey


Doors open, same faces, same old thing
Sitting here, same spot, head down, no eye contact
Same old journey, stop to stop, minute to minute, check point to check point
Lost in my own thoughts, mind drifting, scant attention
Trying to block the sounds, some vulgar, all invasive
Lambs pretending to be lions, showing off to their peers
Uniform becomes a costume, same old story, second hand
Once the story was mine, long past, been and gone
He who was, no longer here, died and burnt, turned to ash
Ash to flame, flame to birth, birth to growth, here I am
Sitting here, same spot, head down, no eye contact
Thoughts combine behind the eyes, words come, questions form
What am I still doing here...and when will this journey end?

No comments:

Post a Comment