'I stood outside when all was grey, couldn't see a thing
One by one the drops of rain soaked me to my skin,
Took away my pain, gave me back my grin'

Sunday 19 September 2010

The Time will Come

In the midst
of all
the mixed
emotions
come
like sudden rain
Sodden
are the ones
who search the sky
for someone
there to blame
Dry will be the ones
beneath umbrellas,
packed,
precautious,
smart
Some will offer
space to others,
those we call
the warm of heart

In the midst
of madness,
rain torrential,
undiluted
pain
Hurting
are the ones
who scream
at fellow sufferers,
insane
Saved will be
the ones
who step
into the wet
to offer help
Those who die
to save another,
those who act
in spite of self

In the midst
of kindness,
cruelty,
selfish,
selfless,
human,
beasts
Bared will be
the human heart,
the human soul
will be released
Gone will be
the time to think,
to contemplate,
what we would do
Time will come
to look upon,
the truth of self,
for me,
for you

No comments:

Post a Comment