'I stood outside when all was grey, couldn't see a thing
One by one the drops of rain soaked me to my skin,
Took away my pain, gave me back my grin'

Sunday 19 September 2010

Dance with me

The sky is weeping, watch it pour

Rain of tears worth waiting for

Take my hand and come with me

Dance with me in misery

Dance with me in spite of sorrow

Dance like there is no tomorrow

If tomorrow never comes

Who will dance beneath the sun?


When our bodies break and drift

Like the moisture in the mist

When are gone the ones we kissed

Who is then to speak of this

When our names are gone from thought

Like the waste of cash we bought

All the lessons we were taught

All the things for which we fought


Will it be we never were?

When all this is all over

Did we ever truly live

Did we take and did we give

Did we love and did we feel

Was it ever really real

When we cannot be recalled

Were we really here at all


Take my hand and dance with me

Close your eyes and try to see

Let us freeze reality

Burn it on the memory

So when we have danced our last

We will leave a tale to share

For our children and for theirs

Voices echo from the past

No comments:

Post a Comment