'I stood outside when all was grey, couldn't see a thing
One by one the drops of rain soaked me to my skin,
Took away my pain, gave me back my grin'

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Song


Who were you when I was me, when I was you then who was I
When I was her and she was me, when he was she and she was he
Then who were you when I was you, when you were me then who was she
And who was he when I was me, when I was he then who was me

What did you do when I was true, when I was you, what did you do
What point of view, what style renewed, what word to give a meaning to
What single thing, what uncrowned king, what words to say to help me pray
To help today, when things go wrong, what God to love, to sing a song

What song to sing, oh what a choice, the melody and then the voice
As lyrics bring the need to sing and all the world is listening
What was the start and what began, when I was he, a broken man
And she was you, so beautiful, I can't believe there was a plan

But if there was, it strikes me dumb, I breathe alive, a single lung
But not for fun, or anyone, it works for me but not for some
If some were true, then so were you, then so was I, perhaps or die
Perhaps if I could sing that song, the concert wouldn't seem so long

No comments:

Post a Comment