'I stood outside when all was grey, couldn't see a thing
One by one the drops of rain soaked me to my skin,
Took away my pain, gave me back my grin'

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Growth

You did your work and did it well
You live with that, I'll live in hell
For you are here with me as well
Each single day, each tale I tell
As if you had something to sell
Repeated knocks, a ringing bell
A smiling face, that doesn't gel
Your rotting soul, how far you fell

I blame you for this sick aggression
Over years I learnt your lesson
That is why I dwell in silence
Effort to subdue this violence
Cannot once afford to slip
To palm these shaking fingertips
Into a fist, a tightened wrist
Such power there, it isn't fair

I lived within your grip for years
I cried my share of childish tears
I fell asleep with no one near
Atop a mattress made of fears
A snow white pillow soaked with salt

Oh look at what your words have brought
An enemy you raised from birth
You trained to kill, so do your worst

I'm ready like the battery
The way you used to batter me
But I am grown and I am strong
The child you victimised is gone
So take your place upon your feet
I'll turn this box into your seat
Beneath the surface, six feet deep
You'd better pray we never meet

No comments:

Post a Comment