'I stood outside when all was grey, couldn't see a thing
One by one the drops of rain soaked me to my skin,
Took away my pain, gave me back my grin'

Monday 18 October 2010

I Recall

I still recall how close we were, too close to ever be apart

But now we live in different worlds, with different lives, two separate hearts

Each time we meet, we try our best, but even so, I must confess

It seems a mess, it must be stressed, we carry on, without success


Who said that this was for the best?

Who chose this path, who had that choice?

Who dwelt on dreams? Who gave them voice?

Who cried the most? Whose cheeks are moist?

Who suffered most? Lets measure that

Who gave the most? Who wants it back?

And who to blame? Who caused this pain?

If no one wins, what point the game?


I still can see, like photographs, these memories, that made us laugh

In silent thoughts, I can recall, a room of joy, no tears at all

Now all is still, the room is dark, the lights are gone and voices fade

I wonder now, how it would be, what I would see, if I had stayed


I will not say goodbye to you

I will not weep because you sleep

I will not shed a tear for you

I cannot speak, I am too weak

I will not tell a lie to you

I will not say it's all okay

I won't lie down and die for you

I still have much that I must do


I still recall, like poisoned thoughts, how close we were, before we weren't

I still can place, not just your face , but even how your shoes were laced

I still can feel, what once was real, unpeeled, a heart encased in steel

I am the steel, if not the blood, I crave your touch, I miss it much


Copyright © John B. O'Halloran 2010





No comments:

Post a Comment